To start the User Profile Synchronization service
- On the Central Administration Web site, in the System Settings section, click Manage services on server.
- On the Services on Server page, in the Server box, select the synchronization server.
- Find the row whose Service column value is User Profile Synchronization Service. If the value in the Status column is Stopped, click Start in theAction column.
- On the User Profile Synchronization Service page, in the Select the User Profile Application section, select the User Profile service application.
- In the Service Account Name and Password section, the farm account is already selected. Enter the password for the farm account in the Passwordbox, and enter it again in the Confirm Password box.
- Click OK.